mercredi, août 10, 2005

I Am A Swinger. I Swing Both Ways

My friend is now a mother of one and still in her confinement period. Mom overheard my phone conversation with her and like usual, her curiosity hit me with questions that had a tinge of disapproval or some expression similar to that.

"She's your friend from Matriculation?", together with That 'Surprised' Look.

"Yup"

"And she already has a baby?"

"Yeah."


Clearly mom has forgotten one thing-- she gave birth to me when she was only 23, the age of my dear friend and I, as in the year 2005 and not 2010. But I guess, her perception took a turn the day I declared my singlehood. Who says your status doesn't affect the people close to you?


My cousin is getting engaged this month after being in the 'merisik' status for almost a year.

"Orang merisik sekejap aja lepas tu terus bertunang. Ni dekat nak setahun baru nak tunang."

And that came from her mother.

"Belah lelaki nak tunang sekejap, say, 6 bulan and masa tunang tu Eddy (the guy) kata belah dia 50 orang akan datang."

Both me and mom stared at her.

This is a total madness lah! 50 freakin' people for the engagement reception? Even anak dato' doesn't have that amount of people attending the majlis tunang!

Oh well, it's the least of my concern. I am just eager to see her makeover and the attire she's wearing on that day. Lets pray it's not the kampung-kampung type.

Urgh!

My PC is sissy and my browser is giler. What a perfect match from heaven!

Grrr.

Aucun commentaire: