lundi, juin 02, 2003

::..Saturday, May 31, 2003..::


[Morning]

Woke up at 8.30 am! Argh! Need coffee; really need coffee to keep me awake. They left for PD at around 10 something and starting from that moment, the house was officially mine. I have another 1-� hours to do whichever needed to be done. Cleaned up the house�aah� perfecto! Mopped the floor and the staircase, washed the dishes, wiped the stove, empty the dustbin� bla bla bla. (I hate to leave the house when it�s dirty.)

[Afternoon]

All set to leave the place. Left Putih his food, enough to keep him alive till I get back. Windows? Checked! Switches? Checked! Gas? Checked! Backdoor? Checked! Okay, now it�s safe to go.

Reached 14 just to see the gate was locked. I spotted the new girl waiting inside the car with the temperature enough to give you heatstroke. Okay, now I have to take out my friendly part. Walked out to meet the girl and informed her to get back in another half and hour�s time. Aah� point given to me! Thought I was going to meet the �friendly� brother but I guess he was still stuck in the office.

Headed to KFC for brunch when a part of me hesitated to be fed. So I strolled along the shops when I spotted a sidewalk artist drawing a customer�s portrait� Erm, the customer�s daughter�s actually. Then I decided to stick around to watch the whole process. (I�m an art admirer�) Hey! Wasn�t that the portrait of Ella with� tudung? I had the urge to ask the brader but I was afraid of interrupting his job. One of the tips of dealing with art people�don�t interrupt them while at work. Okay, I don�t want to take any chances here.

[back at the house�]

The gate was still locked. Saw the girl approaching me and I invited her inside my car. Chat chat chat� What I know about her? Staying in Serdang� working in Phileo Damansara for a construction company owned by a Hollander (?). Herm, she looks like the reserved type of girl. Just hope that she could get along with our crowd. Met another 2 future renters�one is a Turkish girl and the other is Malay. It�ll be great if the Turkish girl can be a part of the house. She will cook REAL meals! Hehehe� (Ey! What�s with the excitement here? Not that I�m one of the �pioneer� tenants!).

Gig time�
Arrived at CENFAD around 4. Herm, not many people around. The name of the band performing at that moment was unknown. Picked a place to land and all ready to watch. Down to the next band. A newbie. The first-time act. Darn! The songs were nice! Aaargh! What�s the name??? What�s the name!!!! Okay guys; consider that you have me as a fan now. Need to check them out.

Bands who played...to name a few...: Color My Iris, Disagree, Shoot Goat,Custom Daisy, LMB, SCTS and Naked Breed as the closing act. Poor them as the crowd began to leave right after the numbers from SCTS. Not forgetting another band by the name Polyester. Another Nirvana-inspired band. Cute vox with cute remarks but I think he was high at that moment or� was the frenzy caused by the broken strings? The second guitarist (if I�m not mistaken), Bambang, (probably an Indonesian) is one of the best students there.

Oddity reminds me of Kittie. Quite cool for a � girl band. The voice is powerful. Girrrl pho-war? Hehehehe� Read the coming article about this in ROTTW, as it was one of the main sponsors.

Ey! I think I saw my ex-neighbor! Ziffan Alif. It's like what? 10 years? Damn! He's tall! The face just doesn't change at all! I wonder how his small bro looks like..cute I guess...Wow...it's a small world indeed...

Overall, the event was okay. The sound system was perfect but the mics spoilt some of the shows. Maybe it�s meant for shouting? Naaw� it was fine when SCTS performed their slow tunes.

Ijam played at Blue Planet. Eye was there as well. Maybe I�ll catch him around some other time?

IMHO, those undergrounders perform better than our maintream people. They don�t mime�

Sham called when we�re on our way back from supper. He wanted to join? Can he bear with it? Herm� I�ll drag him along next time� MAYBE� oh yeah Anim� tell him that none of the names I mentioned in the car is my guy� * grin*

Arrived home around 12.30. A 15-minutes drive from PJ to Balakong. Bless the road! When will I see such scenario during WEEKDAYS� IN THE MORNING� ON THE WAY TO WORK? Dream on!!!

Aucun commentaire: